Tuesday, September 3, 2013

an attempt at a letter in persona

My dearest English lord,

It has been so long since you graced me with your loving glances and passionate words. Must I wait until the thaw to feel your arms around me again? Like Persephone I find myself dwelling in darkness longing for the spring to bring joy and light back into my world. Give me hope with promises you will find your way home to me. This winter has been too cruel, the void in my heart that only you can fill has brought a chill I cannot escape. I hold the memories of your laughter, wit and charm as they are the only things to bring a smile to my lips. I know our parting was not ideal and we found ourselves more married then lovers, but even then they are moments I cherish. The fire in my heart still burns for you, my nights are lonely and my thoughts are often of you. At the slightest word you would find me a slave to our love. As coy and wild as Artemis, As passionate as Aphrodite and as completely yours as the echos of my heart remind me that I am. With a word I would play the part of your dreams, cold and distant goddess, pliable maiden, wanton lover, obedient servant. Such roles are empty without you. Tell me you still think of me, that this pain is not just mine alone to bear. Be kind to me, do not have me wait for your reply to long.

Yours, body, heart and soul
Magdalena Lucia Ramberti
This 29th day of December
In Venice

No comments:

Post a Comment